On Jan 14, 2008, at 4:23 PM, ruthsimplicity wrote:

> Consciousness researcher Stuart Hameroff, on
> the audience reaction to his talk at the 2006
> Beyond Belief meeting (a gathering of mostly
> atheists) at the Salk Institute in La Jolla:
>
> "Comments from the audience were negative, but off base. Physicist
> Lawrence Krauss said my suggestion of backward time effects in the
> quantum unconscious (indicated by experiments, and required to rescue
> consciousness from its unfortunate characterization as epiphenomenal
> illusion) were impossible. He was apparently unaware of the
> verification of Wheeler's delayed choice experiments which precisely
> prove such backward time effects...."

For those who are interested, Wikipedia has a rundown on quantum mind
theories, which is a good starting point and at least gives some idea
of the issues. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_mind Wikipedia
also has a nice brief discussion of the measurement problem and the
falsifiability issue when concepts of consciousness become part of the
theory. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Measurement_problem From what I
have seen Vaj write, it looks like he is familiar with this "stuff."
Still mostly philosophy and no real science on the big consciousness
questions.

Also check out:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_mysticism

It's a very good synopsis.