--- "do.rflex" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "authfriend"
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com,

> hypnosis,
> pitching
> are
> discussion.
> > >
> > > As I said, I don't know enough about either
> state to make clear
> > > distinctions.  I can't even clearly define
> hypnosis or meditative
> > > state Judy.  I was speaking about my perspective
> on the language
> > > used. But if the discussion isn't working for
> you, no harm no foul.
> >
> > Let me put it this way: If you can't *rule
> > out* hypnosis just as a matter of common sense,
> > we understand TM too differently to have a
> > meaningful discussion.
>

> It boggles my mind that the distinction between
> Transcendental
> Meditation and hypnosis doesn't seem to be at least
> intellectually
> clear to so many who have been immersed for so long
> in the TM
> description. But to me, it's another symptom of how
> the pathetic state
> of the 'dignity' and representational 'example' of
> the TMO has
> resulted in its losing its credibility and respect.

It is also an example of the intellectual dishonesty
of the TMO. The TMO is not interested or even remotely
motivated to seek "Truth." It is interested in
perpetuating a body of techniques that claim to allow
you to experience the "Truth" even though most people
don't have such results from these techniques. The TMO
is a cult. It has decided, a priori, that it is right
and anyone else is wrong.

By the way, being trained to teach TM and hypnosis and
having experienced both here's my take: TM and
hypnosis are initially identical. The difference with
TM though is the continued quieting of the mind's
activity and if that particular mind is capable of it,
the absolute quieting of the mind and the shift of
attention to the transcendent or, more correctly, pure
consciousness. You can't and don't transcend with
hypnosis because that is not its intent. TM and
hypnosis are just two different "things".