Exactly. Sad thing is, some people get stuck on that initial phase and
never move beyond. When they go to a form of deep meditation, they're
often shocked at how 'the bottom drops out' of their 'transcendent'.
Usually after that they realize they were simply languishing in a
light, blissy trance state, sometimes for decades.

Sounds like someone I know...me!  Although I have not had the bottom
fall out of my world I did experience the world falling out of my
bottom in New Delhi!