> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Rick Archer" <rick@> wrote:
> <snip>
> > The irony is that he died of cardiovascular disease, yet
> > recently Maharishi told Purusha they shouldn't exercise
> > because "Exercise isn't part of our tradition."
>

> That would be ironic only if the type of
> cardiovascular disease he had would have
> been prevented or remedied by exercise
> during the time he was in Purusha.

**************

http://www.yogiphotos.com/chap1f.html

"The cave was ideal for Tat Wale Baba. It had only a tiny opening
which was barely visible from the passing trail. If the opening was
sealed from within by a rock the cave was secluded completely. The
cave was also conveniently located near a fresh water spring. And,
its location of about one kilometer from Swargashram made it easy for
Tat Wale Baba to go there to obtain his food supply. However, after
some time, Tat Wale Baba felt that the daily trips to the ashram for
food were too disturbing for him. So, he decided to forage for food
in the ambient forest where he found kandamulo leaves and roots, and
fruits to sustain him. He foraged for food only occasionally,
gathering a sufficient supply to last him for several days at a time.
He ate sparingly during these secluded periods of long silence. Tat
Wale Baba's regular schedule of meditating was from 2:00 a.m. until
10:00 a.m. From 10:00 a.m. until noon he would eat and rest. Then,
from noon until 4:00 p.m. he would again meditate. He would exercise
for about two hours, until 6:00 p.m. For exercise he usually took
long walks of about ten kilometers, collected firewood, and worked
hard at expanding the dimensions of his cave. He only did a few
asanas (yoga postures). Instead, he preferred to meditate."

*
Most people on this list have heard MMY talk about how Guru Dev used
to hand MMY a note, saying it was urgent that it be delivered quickly
to a monk at some other ashram. MMY would run to deliver the note,
and only found out much later that the note read something like "I'm
fine, how are you. Please tell the messenger to return your reply
quickly."