> In a message dated 1/29/08 10:05:30 A.M. Central Standard Time,
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
>
> Some of  us aren't at all sure, Robert, that he
> > has the ability to do anything  *else*.
>
> Exactly. Obama singing Kumbaya with Oprah in the Whitehouse  may
> generate lots of warm fuzzies, but warm fuzzies don't get the  job
> done. Obama is a fantastic orator, but I get no sense of Obama,
> the effective, well-informed policy wonk.
>
> Bingo! And Hillary won't be able to much better either. They will
> have to have a very liberal Congress to get pushed thru anything
> they want. Conservatives will tie up most bills just like Newt
> Gingrich did the first two  years of the Clinton administration.

Thing is, Obama has *no* idea of what he'll be
facing if he gets elected. Hillary has a much
clearer idea of what the score will be and what
she'll have to do to get things done. The
opposition will be overwhelming, but forewarned
is forearmed. She'll at least have more of a
chance. The conservatives will eat Obama and his
warm fuzzies for breakfast; Hillary will give them
enough indigestion to slow them down a bit.