--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "suziezuzie" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
<snip>
> I would be
> really curious to know how many people on this list drink two 6oz.
> glasses of wine each day and can claim that they feel no difference
> in the experience of deep meditation.

If you drink right before you meditate, of course
you're going to feel a difference. But alcohol gets
metabolized by the system fairly quickly, so if you
have a shot or two of something before you go to
bed, say, at least in my experience, it doesn't
affect meditation the next morning. Sometimes I
have a drink before bed, sometimes I don't, and I've
never noticed any difference.

FWIW, a former boyfriend of mine who was a TMer
would have profound witnessing experiences if he so
much as drank a glass of beer. That's never
happened to me!

Very different with pot, again in my experience
(many years ago).