Judy, my brother has hours of interviews with them and a book in
progress for many years now.  Whether it ever comes together or not as
a published piece, it's chocked full of amazing stories and unlikely
coincidences.  One memory I have was the visit of an old guy by the
name of John de Rosen to our home sometime in the early 60s.

He was a Polish mosaic artist and he was in Saint Louis at the time to
work on a large mural he was commissioned to do for the Saint Louis
Cathedral, a gorgeous (and massive) Romanesque church that was in
construction for most of the 20th Century.  He also did the huge mosaic
of the Christ above the altar in the National Cathedral in D.C. and
stuff at the Pope's Castle Gandolfo.

Anyway, there had been a story about his Saint Louis project in the
papers at the time and my mother read about it and wrote to him because
she remembered him from times he had come to her father's Castle Lesko
where he had designed the stained glass work for the chapel.

He came and visited for the day and brought with him a small painting
as a gift for my mother; it was one of the original designs he had
prepared for her father before the final approval, construction and
installation of the windows.  He wrote a sweet dedication to her at the
bottom and it's been hanging in the foyer ever since.

Very cool stuff, for sure.

**