Richard,

My point was only concerning certain specific content.  Plenty of
sidhas who are into the teaching can understand MMY's teaching better
than some teacher who isn't intellectual or very into it.  I was a
case in point as an MIU grad who was super into the teaching before
going to TTC.  With your own deep study of Vedic literature I don't
doubt that you know all sorts of stuff about the details of things MMY
only glosses over in his Vedic studies. But the content of MMY's
teaching is carefully graded and some doesn't come out until TTC.

"But the point is, you don't need to spend months and
months in the lobby of a hotel in order to enjoy. You
must have wasted years of your life - I don't blame you
for being disillusioned. While you were trying to turn
TM into a religion, I was a busy householder practicing a
simple relaxation technique."

Good for you.  Glad you enjoy your participation. I haven't wasted any
years of my life.  Changing how I view MMY's teaching after being
deeply involved in it is one of my life's most valuable experiences.
For a fulltime teacher religion is irrelevant. The Vedas are the
source according to MMY and religion is just this knowledge in a
specific culture.  I was never conflicted about TM being a religion
when I was in it and am not now.  It never made a difference, and
still doesn't.

> > So, where, exactly, anywhere, does Maharishi talk
> > about the "demons"?

<My impression is that the Maharishi didn't talk very much
about demons and angels or even the gods and I spent hours
talking to the guy back in the sixties. For example, he
didn't say anything about the yakshis living in the tree
and how they come down at night and fight each other all
the time.>

Are you making a joke, revealing a mental condition, or repeating
something your read?  No seriously...

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Richard J. Williams"