Maharishi, after all, did the same thing. We have
> NO IDEA what the "real" story of Guru Dev was.
> All we have is Maharishi's view of who and what
> he was. And that view is often at odds with the
> view of other people who were students of Guru
> Dev's at the same time Mahesh was. The only
> reason that most of us have any kind of "official"
> view of who and what Guru Dev was is because MMY's
> was in many cases the *only* view we ever heard.

----Safe to say that if it wasn't for Maharishi then we would not have heard
of Guru Dev as he would have just been another saint in the long Hindu list.

I personally do not believe that Maharishi has outdone the Shankaracharyas.
It's negotiable which is the more important victory for him, that is, to get
the Shanks to think Westerners should be allowed to be Hindus, or that
Hindus should be allowed to become Westerners. Because we aren't normally
allowed within range of many yajnas at all.

The effect Maharishi had was to unite the world at least a few more ways. I
believe that the course participants now are experiencing some of the Vedic
ability as based in the real traditional yajnas being held now. Especially
in Varanasi.

I had the benefit of working with Ben Collins puja group and a couple others
last year and I can speak to the power of the attention of real Hindu (and
Buddhist) priests. They have  powerful concentration which alone with one as
the focus, or whomever recipient can feel.

As for whether I believe in the gods or the power alone of human attention
it is great. Rituals may well be psychocognitive coherence makers due to
synchronized attentions and intentions. I actually almost went totally crazy
during that time. I think I had something like literally 15 yajnas lined up
for last Akshaya Tritiya. Fucking intense. I was literally insomniac for
five months. I mean totally. I burned the pujas out. I can't even do one now
or it's too much for me. I had yajnas done to erase slavery, to create peace
in the east, to make my gurus, many Buddhist, live longer, to enrich New
Orleans and the Gulf South, and to attract merit to said same.

Finally I did some Bhudevi yajnas for all beings. I met a lama and he told
me to do all pujas for all beings. So I started doing that. man was it
fucking intense. One Sunday morning I felt this peace so great. But then the
swing to feeling like I was in hell. It was all really really intense.

My point. I forget. Oh yeah. Oh Yeah, I also under the auspices of the
Kanchi Shank and other Sri Vidya devotees was the only white guy out of a
hundred Hindus to be in the first Saundaraya Lahiri Japa Yajna under Sri
Harshanand, rising young guruji.

But oh yeah. Shakti is in control, not Maharishi or his followers. I had a
dream the other night where a middle aged black woman of average looks was
bowed to by everybody including myself, and when she walked towards me I got
a hardon.

The next day I saw this picture of Mahakali riding Shiva. So I thought some
funny things about Bevans proclaimation that Maharishi has turned Kali to
Sat quite interesting. I had quite a few dreams during this last week, all
with black people in them, all seeming to say that Shakti is the source of
all power, not Maharishi.

I had one dream where a small black boy was trying to get a woman to dance
but she wasn't buying. She was staying out of frame and unseen. Not dancing.
So I have to praise Mahakali as Buddha first and Mahakali as Herself second
before Mahakali as Maharishi third or fourth or whatever.

Guru dev was Mahakali, as Shodashi, as are all the great gurus of the
Shanks. Yoni Goddess, circular source of endless perfection and power.
Without Shakti Shiva is Shava. Jai Ma.

Ma unformed, Ma with no basis, Ma - basis of freedom. Ma - yah! And freedom
from Yah! to- Ma.

This is what one calls transcending in speech. ;)