--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Premanand Paul Mason"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > The reaction one sees to Bob on this forum, IMO, is the
> > reaction one would see to a similar fanatic on ANY forum,
> > dealing with ANY subject.  Even the strong TMers here see
> > the difference between a positive expression of faith and
> > hope supporting Maharishi and an almost always negative,
> > almost always bashing someone expression of the same con-
> > cept.  It's the lack of *range* that characterizes the
> > fanatic.  They say and do the same things over and over
> > and over and over and over and over, and never seem to
> > notice, because the need to bash others in a pathetic
> > attempt to elevate themselves is always new to them.
> > Just my opinion...
> >
> > Unc
>
> Thank you for your measured assessment of the situation.
>
> The poster in question, has accused me of being a 'pathological
liar'
> (So why does he quote from my biography of MMY?) and of 'pimping
for
> my guru' (in the mistaken belief that I am in some way affilliated
> Shankaracharya Swami Swaroopanand Saraswati - a man I have neither
> met nor ever communicated with). In my biography of MMY I suggested
> that the TMO is not a cult nor TM a religion.
> Perhaps it is time to re-write those passages?

Bob is a fanatic, whoe seems to me to spend all his time obsessing
and cruising the Internet for information about the TMO.  Like many
fanatics and/or "absolutists", he is fundamentally weak and afraid.
If you address his rants with reasonable argument (as I and many have
done), he will simply not respond.  And he won't - I know it is
tempting to keep trying (!), but it is simply not possible for him at
his stage of personal development, so there is no point in having
unreasonable expectations.

>From the point of view of effectiveness, nobody has done more damage
to his own cause than himself.  Even posts on his own website are now
beginning to consist of links to his rants on this group. Bob is
someone who claims to have been meditating over 35 years and who is
coming across more and more as a nutcase sinking into isolation (in
this group and my guess in real life) and increasing generalized
anger. Bob is certainly a good source of information from the Web,
but I (and probably many others) simply ignore his interpretations
(usually more excuses for him to be angry yet again...)

Disregarding my own advice regarding expectations (I can do this!),
let me say:  Bob, Get some therapeutic help.