--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Rick Archer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> [...]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

40yahoogroups.com"FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com,
> "ruthsimplicity"
> <ruthsimplicity@> wrote:
> >
> > If I may briefly interrupt this discussion, I have a
> > question. Did MMY clearly say that if you could not
> > "float" you were not enlightened? Is there a written
> > source for that?
>
> I don't have a source, Ruth, but it has been
> quoted here often with no refutations from
> the TM faithful. The criterion may have been
> for "full enlightenment," as Lawson has been
> using it. I dunno.
>
> I'm pretty sure he did. It was certainly part of the standard talk
given by
> TM teachers introducing the sidhis. The sidhis were presented as
having a
> two-fold purpose: to develop consciousness, and as a test of one's
level of
> consciousness, to prevent self-deception. i.e., if you couldn't
perform
> them, you weren't enlightened.

When on a course, I was told by the TM teacher running it that MMY
levitates everyday but never does it in public because he doesn't
want to be remembered as the guy who could fly.

This guy talked a lot of crap that weekend including an assertion
that the TMO had invented a device that could read brainwaves from a
distance and they once did an experiment in which some sidhas did
their prog in a backroom of a restuarant and when someone came in
they would be able to measure the effects the sidhis were having on
his brain!

I bought him up on this at and a few other things at lunch one day
and he got in a right mood and never spoke to me again. How
enlightened I thought.

> Checked by AVG Free Edition.
2/16/2008