> Looks to me like you simply traded one brand of ideational bondage for
> another.

-----Bondage done properly is a way to encourage pleasure from another,
generally by constricting their will and thus narrowing their options and
thus soothing the cares of the mind away. Bondage is simultaneously sadistic
and masochistic. However the balance of the two is the delicate art. Bondage
thus extolls one to austerity and meanwhile teases with a very heightened
sense of propriety, with crossing some boundaries very much a form of
transcendentalism, with unity and heightened awareness the result.

Mental bondage I am guessing is quite similar. It can result in heightened
awareness, pleasure, and so on and it only depends upon latent sadism and
masochism for providing the necessary aesthetic balance for teasing the
intellect to such fullness. Glory to intellectual bondage. May we all be so
pleasurably bound and teased. I know I am. I am happily married.

I am certain that the history of most religions has something to do with
bondage.  I think instantly of Cain, I mean Able being sacrificed (ask
Islam).  Promethius. Jesus. A real bondage queen. Osirus. Didn't make out
very well with the eight piece. Religions, nay Gods, are the very sources
for bondage. Gotta love them.  Teasing deities. Very naughty.