--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "do.rflex" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
<snip>
> In my view, Hillary appeared at first to be better qualified
> than Barack to deal with the neocons and wingnuts. At this
> point it appears that she's not much different than they are.
> The hints have been there all along. Supporting McCain over
> Obama was the last straw. What a downer.

You've been taken in, I'm afraid. The vast majority of
the "hints" have been bogus, instigated by the right
wing and/or the Obama campaign and promulgated by the
media and a significant portion of the lefty blogosphere.
Together, they've managed to create an alternate universe
in which Hillary is the Wicked Witch of the West.

Just for example, she hasn't been "supporting McCain over
Obama." That's the current big bogus "hint."

>From her speech Thursday in North Carolina:

"Sometimes the phone rings at 3 a.m. in the White House and it's
an economic crisis. And we need a president who is ready and
willing to answer that call. But I read Sen. McCain's plan,
which does virtually nothing to ease the credit crisis or the
housing crisis. The phone is ringing, and he would just let it
ring and ring.

"Sen. McCain is a friend of mine, but he said himself, 'The
issue of economics is not something I've understood as well as
I should.' He'd rather ignore the credit crisis and mortgage
crisis — or blame middle-class families instead of offering
solutions on their behalf.

"We've had enough of a president who didn't know enough about
economics, and didn't do enough for the middle class. I don't
think we can afford four more years. I believe we have to
answer the call and act aggressively to deal with the housing
and credit crises. That's the kind of president we need after
eight years of George Bush.

More here:
http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/0308/HRC_reaches_for_the_econom
y_phone.html
http://tinyurl.com/2t5wsv

And here she is at a North Carolina rally on Thursday,
responding to a question about her supporters being
unwilling to vote for Obama:

"Please think through this decision. It is not a wise decision.
Every time we have a vigorous contest like we're having this
primary election, people get intense. Senator Obama has intense
support. I have intense support. It's exciting because people
want to be involved. But, the differences ... pale in comparison
to the differences between us and Senator McCain."

"I intend to do everything I can to make sure we have a unified
Democratic Party. When this contest is over and we have a
nominee, we're going to close ranks. We're going to be united
... The most important goal for us is to put a Democrat back in
the White House."

Clinton is a deeply committed, very partisan Democrat.
The idea that she's been "supporting McCain over Obama"
or that she wants McCain to win so she can run in 2012
is just idiotic, sorry.