--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "hugheshugo"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "John" <jr_esq@> wrote:
> >
> > Sal,
> >
> > The ancient vedic literatures mention of ETs in the guise of
demigods
> > and rakshasas.  The stories often tell that these demigods
visited
> > earth and other lokas with their space ships or vimanas and have
> > good time.  In one of the slokas in the Shrimad Bhagavatam,
> > Prabhupada commented that the demigods visited a certain part of
> > Shiva's forest with pristine lakes (which could be interpreted to
be
> > in a certain part of India) and had sexual intercourses there.
Even
> > though these demigods are more advanced than humans, they
apparently
> > still have sexual urges, a la Venus and Mars in Greek mythology.
> >

> I'm not sure we can take the literature of an ancient civilisation
so,
> well, literally. We don't really know anything about them and to
> interpret their stories of spaceships as being like ours could just
be
> cross-cultural confusion.

You are correct in stating that the cultural milieu of the vedas is
very different from the western one, which is heavily influenced by
the Judeo-Christian tradition.  Nonetheless, it fascinates me to read
verses that talk of civilizations that existed before time began in
this particular age.  We must remember that in the vedic cosmology
the universes are created, maintained and annihilated in cyles
corresponding to the inhalation and exhalation of Maha Vishnu.

These verses also show that the writer(s) of the vedas must be
extraordinary people since they are able to recollect their past
lives from a previous cycle of the universe.  Or, they could be that
they have very fertile minds--enhanced perhaps with hallucinigens
like soma, bang or other plants.