--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "ispiritkin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I agree with the Edg's premise (quoted below) that it is VERY DIFFICULT
> for a white person to know what it is to be black, but I disagree that
> a white person cannot possibly know what it is to be hurt, brainwashed,
> intimidated, forced, challenged, tortured, and negated.
>
> Separate point ~~ I can often pick out from a distance the difference
> between an American black and a foreign black (esp from Africa).
> Blacks raised in the U.S. have an internal tension and defensiveness
> that foreign-born-and-raised blacks don't show.  That tension shows in
> their posture and body language.  This is such a sad statement about
> how their environment affects them.
 (snip)

Much of that body language comes from being in prison, and you will
see that kind of body language, from any person of any race, who has
been in  prison.
The Black population has a much larger part of their culture in
prison, and much of their culture relates to gangster kind of life
style, because of the media, and black entertainment, rap music, etc.
The drug culture, and the prohibition of drugs also feed the money of
this whole equation.
Anyone can relate with the 'Black Experience' if they have ever
experienced being 'outside the culture' or being 'scapegoated' or
prejudiced upon.
Many Jewish people can relate to black people, myself included.
So, it's to generalized to make that statement.
The 'Black Experience' has to do with slavery; simple as that.
But we are all slaves to a certain extent,
Until we are living, 'Heaven on Earth' as Maharishi explained.
Jesus also felt this way.
So, there is still work to do;
I think Barack is the best 'Dude' for the job.