The other issue to consider with the pure numbers game on taxes is
what percentage of income goes for basic living expenses? Although
someone at the poverty line pays no taxes, the amount they make
doesn't cover basic expenses. Even the middle class spends most of
its income on basic living expenses. So those that argue that the
rich pay more income tax are in a sense lying with numbers-- someone
with an income of $10M per year, will have plenty left over after
food, shelter, transportation, and discretionary spending.

And the reality that the rich get richer is the foundation of
capitalism. So there doesn't appear to be a quick fix for this. How
would that work anyway? Even here in the US, if the rich were taxed
more, they would just hire more lawyers to find more loopholes, or
fund more lobbyists to pass more loophole laden legislation. It is
baked into the system that people here can make as much as they
want. No check on the income growth.

Is this a bad thing? Since I can't suggest a workable alternative
here in the US, I can't say that it is.

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "boo_lives" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>