<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > Actually my hypothesis is simple yet radical-- If the future and
the
> > past occur solely in the mind, why then wouldn't you be creating
the
> > tree you speak of above? All we know about the tree is what has
been
> > observed, and all you specifically know about the tree is what
you
> > are personally observing. Same with the "people outside
myself"...

> I think we have more of a consensus on the basics than that don't
we?
>  I can ask my dad when he planted a tree in the yard of my family
> home.  From that I have a pretty good understanding about the tree
> outside my own personal observation.  Don't the terms future and
past
> have a reality outside our own personal existence?  For living
> creatures time is a pretty cruel master and the difference between
> past and future is critical to us all.  Are you taking the
position of
> solipsism?

Continuing on with what you wrote, whatever you ask your dad is
based on your observation of him, and your observation of his reply.
Its all you, creating him, in effect, and your interpretation of his
past observation of the tree.

With regard to past and future, yes, they exist differently as
operational concepts, but there is no way to experientially separate
them from right now.

Anyway, I am not trying to convince you of anything-- just exploring
my hypothesis.