--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "wayback71" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Thanks,  I do see a good ophthalmologist about every year, and I
will ask him about all of
> this, including testing me after I do a headstand.   With yoga
classes so popular these
> days, and nearly everyone doing headstands and other inversions,
this IOP is something
> worth getting figured out.  Would even an inversion as mild as "legs
up the wall" raise IOP?

Yes "legs up the wall" will raise IOP. However, your ophthalmologist
should be able to tell you if that presents any problem in your case.
These findings do not mean that everyone should stop doing inverted
postures. However, it probably does mean that everyone with a family
history of glaucoma and who does inverted postures should get regular
eye exams and should tell their doctor they do yoga.

I'll be happy to give you more info if you like.