--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Irmeli Mattsson"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> When a politician tells lies and manages to foul up people's
> judgment and gets elected as president, maybe nature wanted
> him to do bad things to test you. You trusted this candidate,
> because he had influential supporters, who affirmed you him
> to be very trustworthy and basically faultless.You voted for
> him, and now you are responsible for the consequences?
> This is what I understand you to be explaining here.

Yes, that's one possible scenario, if a rather simplistic
one. But that's the basic idea.

The larger point is simply that it's impossible to know
what nature "wants" and why. The consequences and the
"reasons" may be impossibly complex, or might not even
resemble any sort of reasoning humans can grasp, let
alone fitting the human notion of "perfection."

Another angle to it is that whatever actions you assume
authorship of, you get to take (karmic) responsibility
for. Michael Dean Goodman has pointed out that in the
phrase "spontaneous right action," the emphasis is on
"spontaneous," not "right." The premise about
enlightenment is that the enlightened person always acts
spontaneously according to the dictates of nature,
without mistakenly assuming authorship of his/her actions.

But this is experiential; the person who isn't enlightened
can't "mood-make" that he or she is not the author of
his/her actions.