Hey, Curtis, I looked up "dealers" on the site and one of the
outdoor stores here in Eureka carries the line but all they had was
one of the canoes from the company and not the advanced frame like
you have.  Although I've been planning to build one of the Pygmy
Boats kayaks "someday" it requires a garage which I don't have so
I've been also checking out the different boats whenever I go to one
of the outdoor stores (of which we have many here in Humboldt).

So yesterday, when I went to check out the inflatable from the
company that makes yours I saw this little item that caught my eye,

http://www.hurricaneaquasports.com/santee-100.html

It's a little 10-footer made out of Trylon that I could throw in the
back of my small pickup and drop into the bay after work.  It's not
as sweet looking as the Pygmy kayak but it's as light as yours and
small enough to stash behind the house and when I can't go surfing I
can still be on the water.  And as Rat says in Wind In The
Willows, "There is nothing - absolutely nothing - half so much worth
doing as simply messing about in boats."  Well, maybe not *nothing*,
but I appreciate the sentiment and am seriously thinking of putting
my Economic Stimulus check where my mouth is.

**

<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Marek Reavis" <reavismarek@>
> wrote:
> >
> > Curtis, I like your boat a lot and I looked all through the site
but
> > couldn't find out what the costs were; can you give me an idea
of
> > what your model costs?
>
> Around $400.  A good paddle will cost about 80 more.  I also got a
> skirt, not for Eskimo rolls which are impossible with this wide
boat,
> but to keep chilly water from dripping on you in the Fall.  I have
> gotten so much pleasure from this boat.  I got my GF one for
Christmas
> so we can paddle down the Swanee river together. (once I find the
> Swanee River!)
>

> > **

> > <curtisdeltablues@> wrote:
> > >
> > > What a great looking boat!  I really like the look of wood.  I
am
> > > suspicious of the claimed weight. For a wood boat that size 39
> > pounds
> > > seems too light.  That is the weight of my much shorter boat.
> > Here is
> > > my boat:
> > > http://www.advancedelements.com/advancedframe.html
> > >
> > > It has an inner frame so it tracks well in the water unlike
many
> > > inflatables.  It's portability is the main feature, it is much
> > slower
> > > than a rigid boat.  But for the water I go for, it works great.
> > >
> > > Great topic!  I hope to hear your music soon.  I have my CD
launch
> > > party and show for my second CD tonight at a local blues
club.
> > Here
> > > is a link to my site with my new CD info and a link to hear
the 6
> > > originals on the CD. CDbaby.com will have the CD up this
week.
> > Music
> > > is sooo worth the effort.
> > >

> > > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Marek Reavis"