--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "sandiego108" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> I can appreciate the need some like you have for placing
> enlightenment on a pedestal and feeling all special about it, with
> so many shoulds and shouldn'ts, but I personally think that it is
> perfectly valid to let others know that there isn't a man behind the
> curtain, that this state can be achieved by normal people, and that
> the need to obfuscate the attainment of permanent enlightenment
> behind a bunch of esoterica and fancy language serves nobody.

Jim, I was going to leave you alone, but you keep
on so *completely* missing the point that I cannot.

Your whole approach to letting people know that
enlightenment is within their grasp is to say, over
and over, "Look at me. I did it. Therefore you can,
too."

Well, we ARE looking at you, and at how you conduct
yourself, and at the things you choose to focus on
as important in life, and at the things that you
give no importance to. And the bottom line for a
number of us is, "If that's enlightenment, we
don't want it."

It's not *about* the way one talks the talk, Jim.
It's about how they walk the walk.