Listening to Obama I get the sense of someone who is consumately
aware of what he is facing as President, and how to handle it,
something the current administration has proven woefully inept at,
both in scope and execution.

I look forward to Obama handling his detractors with assurance and
finality in the coming months. If you've noticed, he is quite an
effectve and subtle street fighter.

As for the war we have started, it is the definitive statement on
our impotence and incoherence as a country, to blindly kill others
in lieu of working out our global differences another way. I think
the best way to win this war is to withdraw, and begin serious
negotiations with our enemies. Nothing facile and naive, but
something with teeth. We still have access to, and control a lot of
this planet's wealth. Surely we can use this as leverage against
others, vs. attempting to bomb and blast them into submission.

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Richard J. Williams"