--- TurquoiseB <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "feste37"
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > If the ME was exhaustively tested and failed to
> produce any
> > results, then it could be dismissed, but I don't
> think it's
> > yet been tested fully.
>
> I agree. What has me asking all these questions is
> that there are folks on this forum who clearly
> believe that it has. Or who believe so strongly in
> its results that they don't believe that it *needs*
> to be tested. They believe it's real, so it's real.

The ME has been tested and it has been shown to be a
very weak effect in certain situations. In short, from
the perspective of traditional scientific research,
the ME is barely there at all. Another rather profound
problem with the ME is that there are so many
exceptions (e.g., crime rates in Fairfield,the recent
floods) to the effect that can not be explained by its
"theory" that you have to put the word theory in
quotes! If you tried writing a doctoral dissertation
on the ME, no traditional graduate school would let
you do it because they would view it as a waste of
time because the existing literature is so scant and
barely supportive of its stated hypothesis.

People believe in the ME because its such a fun
narrative (not theory) to talk about and the TMO keeps
on repeating that it is true. And Maharishi believed
it was true to, but he was wrong. And to contemplate
that MMY was incorrect or wrong is just nearly
incomprehensible to TBer's.