--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Kenny H" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> A very very big "so what" It was Maharishi's TM Movement, we
> participate freely and willingly for whatever our reasons were and
> still are for some. Some moved on, some found ways to make their peace
> with the conflict they experienced, some are still trying to do that.
>
> You are a therapist? Would you recommend that a patient, once he saw
> the error of his ways, spend the next 20 years wallowing in it?
>
> KH

----------------

While agreeing with the spirit of your post…. There would be no Movement were
it not for
the teachers, volunteers and countless other underpaid and unpaid. Perhaps at
the
moment we can do no better than "freely" and "willingly" – I think further
reflection would
prove otherwise. As has been noted in the past, those who gave of their time,
especially in
the beginning, were never properly compensated.

I can't imagine a qualified therapist recommending an analysand spend "20 years
wallowing in it". Unless of course there's a looming 2nd mortgage. Seeing the
error of
your ways may only be a beginning; meaningful change may take longer.

Delighted to see you participating again. What I remember of your posts - as
with a
handful of others - is the wealth of personal experience. Those who were there
in the
meetings, on the courses or running the centers have a reservoir of firsthand
knowledge –
useful in overcoming the disorientation created by an organization
reengineering its
history.