John

I was referring to you. You gave up TM how many years ago yet it seems
to have quite a grip on you now.

Instead of just moving on with your life, even though you may not be
participating in the TM world/programs, you are spending quite a bit
of time in TM world via all these discussions.

KN

 than it could havse--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "John M.

http://knappfamilycounseling.com/cultdefine.html or
> http://knappfamilycounseling.com/razor.html where I talk about the
dangers of dwelling
> on "blaming the cult."
>
> In my work, I say blame is largely about the past: Who did what to
whom when. It doesn't
> bring about change.
>
> I emphasize responsibility, which is about the future. No matter
what happened to a client
> in the past, only the client can take responsibility for changing
his or her life.

> As to my wallowing in it personally, if that was your meaning, TM is
a relatively small part
> of my life -- and has been for some time. That's why I let the
trancenet.net domain
> registration lapse. (I brought it back because I received a number
of requests to do so.)

> I would say less than a third of my current clients were involved
with TM. These days the
> largest group were involved with various Bible-based groups.
>
> But some people do feel called to being an activist. Nearly every
religion has an active
> reform group. Do you feel the fellows who founded SNAP, who seek
justice for children
> molested in the Catholic Church, should just get over it?
>
> They're an inspiration to many in and out of the Catholic Church.
>
> My influence is a tiny fraction of theirs, I know. But I do what I
can. I wish I were more
> gifted. But we all work with the cards we're dealt.
>
> Being a cult activist is not something I recommend to anyone. In
fact, quite the opposite. I
> recommend to my clients that they avoid replacing the high-intensity
of their group with
> the high-intensity of cult activism for at least a year after
leaving their group. I think it's