> I don't think he was speaking of iron anemia.  I've been into
> biochemical individuality for years even before I studied ayurveda.
  It
> would be nice if we could all be vegetarians but many of don't have the
> genetics for it as our ancestors were meat eaters.   You can call it
the
> curse of our ancestors. :)  I've just seen too many cases of wannabe
> vegetarians who picked themselves off the floor by adding animal
protein
> back into the diet.

If it was anemia, it most likely was due to iron deficiency.  Indians
suffer from this more than people who live in the US.  It is partly
due to how they get their iron.  Eat your iron rich foods with some
orange juice or other vitamin C product, it will help.

Or could have been pernicious anemia which is a vitamin
B-12 deficiency. But B-12 shots would be necessary. Or it could be
folic acid deficiency anemia, but this is resolved by taking folic
acid supplements. But most likely, if it really was anemia, it was due
to an iron deficiency.

None of the anemias will require eating meat.

Not that I think that meat is bad in moderation. We are omnivores
after all.