> > <snip>
> > > If my memory isn't faulty, t'would seem that Judy felt
> > > the need to...uh...stretch the truth a bit (if not...
> > > dare I say it...actually LIE) in the fervor of one of
> > > her "Gotta Trash Barry" moments. I'll be interested to
> > > see what she has to say about this claim when she
> > > returns.
> >
> > I don't have anything to say about it, other than
> > that of course I stand by it. Unless Barry's
> > REEEEEELY REEEEEELY STOOOOOOOPID, he ought to have
> > been able to come up with an additional possibility,
> > in which what I wrote is 100% accurate and the
> > faultiness of his memory is completely irrelevant.
>
> Ok, I think that there will be no complaint from
> anyone here if I characterize Judy as the person
> who has most often demanded that people back up
> their claims on this forum. It's almost her "trade-
> mark." Well, turnabout is fair play.
>
> Judy, please produce two things to back up the
> following claim:
>
> > We recently lost an
> > extremely valuable long-time poster because of
> > Barry's nastiness and dishonesty.
>
> 1. Please supply the name or screen name of the
> poster you claim left FFL "because of Barry's
> nastiness and dishonesty."
>
> 2. Please supply documentation that this is the
> reason they gave for leaving. If it's a message on
> FFL, please give us the message number. If it is
> a private email, please ask for permission to repost
> that email here verbatim. (Or, when you give us the
> person's name, we can simply write to the person and
> ask them whether your representation of why they
> left FFL is accurate.)
>
> I'm really curious as to how you will respond to
> this, Judy. It really IS "doing a Judy" on YOU, and
> "turnabout is fair play." Above you "stand by" the
> claim, but with no backup. I think everyone here knows
> that if anyone else did that when YOU had challenged
> them to back up one of their claims, the next words
> out of your mouth would be a variant of, "See...I
> told you so...he/she is LYING!"

Actually, usually I just note that the person
refuses to back up the claim and let others come
to their own conclusions.

In this case, I'd have to reveal a private
communication, which I'm not going to do. And I
can't recall ever having demanded that anybody
else do so.

> Try as I might, I am unable to substantiate your claim
> using the Yahoo Search Engine.

How much time have you spent on this so far, Barry?

<giggle>

<snip>
> You made a claim, Judy. And now the only thing you have
> to say when that claim is challenged is that you "stand
> by it." I suppose we're supposed to take your word for
> it, because as you say so often, you "never lie."

Exactly.

> Uh-huh. Aren't you the person who claimed that if Obama
> secured the nomination that as a good Democrat you would
> support him fully? Given some of the things you've said
> on this forum since and the negative nature of the articles
> you repost, I cannot help but assume that either you have
> a different definition of what "support" means than I do,
> or you have a different definition of what "I never lie"
> means than I do.

Well, one difference in our definition of "lie,"
apparently, is that if one changes one's mind for
some reason, that doesn't mean what one said to
start with was a lie.

Oh, and by the way, you've now documented that
you're REEEEEELY REEEEEELY STOOOOOOOPID.