> Seth is this really, really great longtime TM guy. I met
> Seth at MIU in Santa Barbara during the summer of 1974.
> We were both in the philosophy major together. Seth just
> this great, natural "dude". This comes as a shock to me.
> The last time we talked was right after Bob Dee's death.
> I still have Seth's message on my answering machine because
> its so funny. Seth's a big, teddy bear lovable guy. You
> know how in the TMO you have some really amazing assholes?
> Well Seth is the anti-asshole. Everybody loves Seth.

I don't know Seth, but I wish him well, and
those who love him well, too. It's tough when
something bad happens to one of these people.

When I was living in Sauve (a tiny village of
maybe 1200), there was a guy like this who ran
a little store that never seemed to sell any-
thing, but provided a hangout for many of the
local teenagers. I talked with the guy often,
and he allowed and encouraged them to hang out
there because the alternative in that area of
rural France was to go off and become juvenile
delinquents. Several times a year, since his
store was on one of the most spacious squares
in Sauve, he'd throw a big barbeque and party
for everyone in town. Musicians would come and
play, there would be free food and wine for all,
and pretty much the whole town came out and
partied until the wee hours of the morning.

He went off to India on a combination pilgrimage
and buying trip, and on some slippery street in
some town, slipped and banged his head on the
pavement and died.

The shock was *palpable* in Sauve. The village
really was in mourning, and felt his loss very
deeply. So what did they do in memorium? They
threw a big barbeque and party for everyone in
town. Musicians came and played the fellow's
favorite songs. There was free food and wine
for all, and pretty much the whole town came
out and partied until the wee hours of the
morning.

I think he would have liked his going away party.
He exited as he lived, loved by many who were
partying down outside his store.