> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "claudiouk" <claudiouk@>
wrote:

> > Initiations for 18 to 65 year-olds costs Rs. 900 (about £10)-
don't
> > know whether that's a change and whether £10 worth is "expensive"
> > for Indians.. http://peace-movement.net/participation.html
>
> That's not quite true, according to the site.
> "Membership" in the organization is listed as
> available at the following prices (currency
> conversions by a fairly accurate Website):
>
> 300 rupees ($7 US) for a student
> 900 rupees ($21 US) for an adult
> 600 rupees ($14 US) for a senior citizen
> 3000 rupees ($70 US) for a family
> 25000 rupees ($585 US) for a company
>
> According to the site itself, all that you get for
> your money is an "Identity Card," one "which will give
> you required honour, authority and identification as
> peace promoters."  :-)
>
> The site does NOT say (at least I couldn't find it) that
> you're going to get anything BUT your "Identity Card"
> for those prices. There is nothing to suggest what the
> cost of TM or the TN-siddhis will be.
>
> Not that I care all that much, but if you're going to
> post stuff about this wannabee legend in his own mind,
> it should probably be accurate stuff.

I bet you care enough to want to know what happens next ;-)

> On the other hand, *definitely* download the application
> form, and wait for the abysmally slow data transfer. It's
> worth it, because it demands information about your Caste
> and your Religion, your Computer Proficiency, your Occu-
> pation and Languages Spoken, not to mention whether you
> have ever been "punished in a court of law" or "involved
> in any court cases."
>
> I think all of the TM teachers here know how important
> all of this information is in determining one's mantra. :-)

What, you mean it isn't some hugely complex mystical formula
followed by the teacher?

> There are more questions on the form, such as asking if
> you are *already* a practitioner of TM or the TM-siddhis
> (which indicates to me that you are NOT getting them for
> your sign-up fee when you "apply"), and a LOT of questions
> about whether you work for or have ever worked for one
> of the other TM organizations.

> As Shemp and others suggested earlier, it's a coup. It is
> very DEFINITELY an attempt to create an alternative TM
> movement.

I wish I could join, I bet ownership of a membership card
would get you instant pariah status over here. I can see some
people getting in a flap about all this for sure.

> As I suggested earlier, WHO THE FUCK CARES? This new TM
> movement is as laughable as the old one.

Actually, I care because it's been a major part of my life for
years and I still know a lot of people who will be affected by
any break up. If it is a coup then for me it's like watching a
soap opera where you personally know some of the characters.
I almost want to be involved still so I can see what happens
from the inside. Might even watch the channel for a while...
Hmm, never thought I'd say that.

Maybe you're too far away from it to feel any involvement
so I guess it wouldn't look like much.I'm amazed they've done
all this without telling Bev and the boys in Vlodrop. I think
it's fascinating, better than anything on TV at the moment.
Except the Tour de France of course.