--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Hugo" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "claudiouk" <claudiouk@>
> wrote:
> > >
> > > Initiations for 18 to 65 year-olds costs Rs. 900 (about £10)-
> don't
> > > know whether that's a change and whether £10 worth is "expensive"
> > > for Indians.. http://peace-movement.net/participation.html
> >
> > That's not quite true, according to the site.
> > "Membership" in the organization is listed as
> > available at the following prices (currency
> > conversions by a fairly accurate Website):
> >
> > 300 rupees ($7 US) for a student
> > 900 rupees ($21 US) for an adult
> > 600 rupees ($14 US) for a senior citizen
> > 3000 rupees ($70 US) for a family
> > 25000 rupees ($585 US) for a company
> >
> > According to the site itself, all that you get for
> > your money is an "Identity Card," one "which will give
> > you required honour, authority and identification as
> > peace promoters."  :-)
> >
> > The site does NOT say (at least I couldn't find it) that
> > you're going to get anything BUT your "Identity Card"
> > for those prices. There is nothing to suggest what the
> > cost of TM or the TN-siddhis will be.
> >
> > Not that I care all that much, but if you're going to
> > post stuff about this wannabee legend in his own mind,
> > it should probably be accurate stuff.
>
> I bet you care enough to want to know what happens next ;-)

Ok, you're right. :-)

My bet is that it's ALL about the "Identity Cards,"
and the next step is that no one from the TMO will
be allowed to set foot any of the movement facilities
in India run by Girish (which is...duh...all of them)
unless they have such a card. It's the beginnings
of a power play and takeover of assets.

> > On the other hand, *definitely* download the application
> > form, and wait for the abysmally slow data transfer. It's
> > worth it, because it demands information about your Caste
> > and your Religion, your Computer Proficiency, your Occu-
> > pation and Languages Spoken, not to mention whether you
> > have ever been "punished in a court of law" or "involved
> > in any court cases."
> >
> > I think all of the TM teachers here know how important
> > all of this information is in determining one's mantra. :-)
>
> What, you mean it isn't some hugely complex mystical formula
> followed by the teacher?

It's a simple numerical formula. If it's a woman, the
mantra is determined based on bra size. The possibilities
are 32-44, in even increments.

If it's a guy, the mantra is determined based on IQ. Same
numerical range.

> > There are more questions on the form, such as asking if
> > you are *already* a practitioner of TM or the TM-siddhis
> > (which indicates to me that you are NOT getting them for
> > your sign-up fee when you "apply"), and a LOT of questions
> > about whether you work for or have ever worked for one
> > of the other TM organizations.
>
> > As Shemp and others suggested earlier, it's a coup. It is
> > very DEFINITELY an attempt to create an alternative TM
> > movement.
>
> I wish I could join, I bet ownership of a membership card
> would get you instant pariah status over here. I can see some
> people getting in a flap about all this for sure.

I toyed with sending off for an "Identity Card" myself,
and using it to try to get into the dome in Fairfield
if I ever visit. I can't help myself...it's that Evil
Shakti (TM) thang acting up.

> > As I suggested earlier, WHO THE FUCK CARES? This new TM
> > movement is as laughable as the old one.
>
> Actually, I care because it's been a major part of my life for
> years and I still know a lot of people who will be affected by
> any break up. If it is a coup then for me it's like watching a
> soap opera where you personally know some of the characters.
> I almost want to be involved still so I can see what happens
> from the inside. Might even watch the channel for a while...
> Hmm, never thought I'd say that.
>
> Maybe you're too far away from it to feel any involvement
> so I guess it wouldn't look like much.I'm amazed they've done
> all this without telling Bev and the boys in Vlodrop.

I'm NOT amazed that they did all this without Bevan
and the boys noticing.  :-)

> I think
> it's fascinating, better than anything on TV at the moment.
> Except the Tour de France of course.

And Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog. Oh sorry, that's
not on TV. Then again, neither is the Maharishi Channel.
The characters on Dr. Horrible have better costumes.