> Nabs,
> I won't make smarmy comments, but I have a really hard time believing crop
> circles have
any sort of extra terrestrial origin. From what I've read, all evidence to the
contrary is ignored
and there's seems to be an apriori assumption that its aliens. Bill
Witherspoon's Shri Yantra in
Oregan in 1990 is a classic case of this. Bill and several other people all
worked together to
make the yantra. A very much earth-bound event, but after it was discovered,
for his life, he
couldn't convince the ufo people that he had done it. They came up with "facts"
to disprove
him. Incredible!

My own suspicion is that the first crop circles were really simple things made
by
whirlwinds and some good ole boys in various parts of the world saw how freaked
everyone was by a simple circle and started making elaborate hoaxes to yank
everyone around.

They weren't called "crop circles" because they formed elaborate patterns...

Lawson