> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Brian Horsfield"
> <horsfield@> wrote:
> <snip>
> > I was educated in the UK in the 70's and early 80's
> > and never knew how much the phenomenon has evolved since then.
> > There are so many and so complex, I can't see how they could
> > all be man-made. As to what made them - well that is a mystery.
>
> The frustrating thing for those with a genuine interest
> in crop circles is that the skeptics simply will not
> engage with the evidence. Earlier Peter declared that
> with regard to the notion that crop circles are not made
> by humans, "all evidence to the contrary is ignored."
>
> In fact, it's *precisely the opposite*. The folks
> ignoring the evidence are the skeptics.
>
> Nobody who makes pronouncements about the nature of crop
> circles has any idea what they're talking about *unless*
> they have perused this Web site:
>
> http://www.bltresearch.com/index.html
>
> "The BLT Research Team Inc.'s primary focus is crop circle
> research - the discovery, scientific documentation and
> evaluation of physical changes induced in plants, soils and
> other materials at crop circle sites by the energy (or
> energy system) responsible for creating them and to
> determine, if possible, from these data the specific nature
> and source of these energies."
>
> ("BLT" stands for Burke, Levengood, Talbott, the three
> folks who head the research effort.)
>
> It's not about whether humans are capable of making
> highly complex patterns in crops. In light of what the
> BLT people have discovered, that's irrelevant. The fact
> that there are hoaxers is irrelevant. And it isn't
> about extraterrestrials making the circles either.
>
> Discussions of these issues just distract attention
> from the real questions. The bottom line is that crop
> circles *are* a mystery, one that those who try to
> explain them away cannot bring themselves to confront.

Oooh yeah, I'm *scared* of confronting it. Brrrhhh too
spooky for me.

The fact there are "hoaxers" is not irrelevant, the fact
is no-one has shown that non-humans are involved at all.
Unless you want to imagine a group of aliens/fairies/
whatevers coming to earth and making circles in fields at
the same time that people started doing it. Are they copying
us? What do they think of "our" ones?

The first step is seperating any signal from the noise,
are there really some definite differences? It won't
be the first time a bunch of experts have misread or
misunderstood the evidence.

I hope BLT are onto something new but have doubts
about anyhting I read on the internet, I'll wait til
New Scientist takes an interest as I don't have any
expertise in soil analysis.

Is anyone checking crop circles and then making
solid claims about whether it was Us or Them? Seems
like that would be the easiest way to settle it, if
the make a bad call just once we'll know.