> > > But sometimes it *did* come from MMY. *Directly*
> > > from him.
> > >
> > > On my TTC we had whole lectures on how we were
> > > NEVER to be seen attending any talks by other
> > > spiritual teachers, or reading their books. The
> > > rap (or "wrap"...an attempt to program or control)
> > > went, "If one of my teachers is seen at someone
> > > else's centers or lectures, that implies that my
> > > teachers feel that they have something to *learn*
> > > from this person, something they cannot get "at
> > > home" in the TM organization. It implies that TM
> > > is not the "highest path."
> > >
> > > Well, it isn't. It's just another path.
> > >
> > > That Maharishi didn't want any of his students
> > > to know this is the issue, and always was. The
> > > people putting up that sign weren't working on
> > > their own; they were doing what they had been
> > > taught to do.
> >
> > But that's a TM teacher instruction, which is a separate issue
> > from the thing about Sidhas at Fairfield visiting other gurus.
>
> How can it be a seperate issue? It amounts to the same thing
> and obviously comes from the same place.

I think what Lawson is proposing is called the
"Wal-Mart Defense." He's essentially saying that
he agrees with their right to send out strong
memos and hold mandatory meetings with their
employees telling them to vote Republican, and
implying heavily that they are jeapardizing
their jobs if they do not.

Or is that another "separate issue?"  :-)

Somehow I think not.

> I know someone who won't even tell me what NLP course he
> went on in case he gets banned from the dome. Who'd want
> to live in a climate of fear like that?

Lawson's stance seems to be that he would not
only be willing to live in such a climate of
fear, but that he is willing to step up to the
plate and defend the fear creators' right to
create and perpetuate such an environment.

And, it is important to note, he's taking this
stance without ever once having walked the walk
of his own talk. Unless I am mistaken, he never
became a TM teacher (and thus has no earthly idea
the pressures and lifestyle demands that were
placed on them) and he's never lived in Fairfield
(and thus had any first-hand experience with what
it feels like TO live in such a climate of fear).

All he seems to be able to do is repeat over and
over that Wal-Mart/the TMO has the absolute right
to tell its employees how to live. If the employees
don't like it, they can quit.

I'm sorry, Lawson, but that IS what you're saying.
And it IS called being an apologist.