<snip>
> > It's not a matter of where he's lived but whether he
> > holds dual citizenship. It isn't entirely clear that
> > a person with dual citizenship is eligible to be POTUS.
> > It would probably be a fairly simple matter for Congress
> > or the courts to rule that he is eligible, but as you
> > note, the real scandal would be if he has tried to pass
> > of a forgery as his birth certificate.
>
> Actually, it would only be a scandal if Obama himself knew it
> was a forgery.  If it turns out to be a forgery, it could very
> well be something his mother and/or step-parent did.

Not likely, since the forging would have been done
on a computer and would have required a fair amount
of technical skill.

What appears to have happened is that a scan was
made of Obama's sister's Hawaiian birth certificate,
and then that scanned image was altered with image
software (Photoshop?) and posted to the Internet by
the Obama campaign.

The altered scan, when examined very closely,
appears to bear significant traces of his sister's
certificate. Several people working independently
are said to have recovered the same traces.

If you're interested, all the technical stuff has
been documented in exhaustive (and exhausting)
detail on the No Quarter blog (see the link in
Alex's post). The blog is virulently anti-Obama,
BTW, so take your salt-shaker. The technical stuff
looks pretty convincing to me just from the way
it's presented, but I have no way of knowing whether
it's a snow job. If it is, it's really well done.