> > > by "definition," that is their self.

####
Truth can't be obtained by definitions. Words are defined according
to a world view that already presupposes a certain truth. That is
why I said (below) that your definition started with an
understanding that "self" exists. Then I said that you have this
understanding because it is your experience. I followed this with an
example of someone whose experience differs from yours, who would
not find the world view that gave rise to your definition to hold
true for her.

Your follow-up points (below) on use of intellect and on the need
for definitions, don't seem to have anything to do with this.
####

> > ***
> > By what "definition"? This presumes self to begin with. In other
> > words, someone experiencing a sense of self has uttered these
words.
> > Contrast this with comments from Suzanne Segal such as: The
mothering
> > function is happening. It is happening better than if there were
> > mother. But there is no mother. She was referring to herself in
> > relation to her child. From an outsider's perspective, "she" was
> > obviously present, but she experienced no sense of a self.
>
> Uttering words involves use of "definitions" unless you are
claiming
> that someone who is enlightened has no intellect to help guide the
> chooice of words to utter.
>
> Notice I didn't say that the intellect guided their Self or
something,
> though I suppose that this distinction isn't an issue at some
point...