> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Rick Archer" <rick@> wrote:
> >
> > Article by a friend of mine, who used to be in the TMO,
> > about Obama:
> > http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3518573,00.html
>
> Very nice. Someone who perceives on the level
> of energy and not the silly thinking, media-
> indoctrinated mind.
>
> Obama personifies that which his detractors
> fear -- hope.
>
> All that the detractors have to offer is fear.
> Read their posts. Pay attention. All that they
> have to offer is the same old same old.
>
> And fear that it could be different.

This, my friends, is what's known as a thought-
stopper, the favorite tool of those who fear
thoughtful consideration of their pronouncements.

(And how exceedingly peculiar to include Hillary
Clinton supporters in the category of those who
are afraid of things being different! You could
write a very similar essay about a Hillary
Clinton presidency, except that it would be more
than half the world's population who would be
inspired and empowered by it.)

Hope is not what Obama's detractors fear (at
least not those among them who are progressives).
There's nothing to fear about hope, and change
is needed desperately.

What Obama's progressive detractors fear is that
he lacks commitment to progressive goals, and
that the hopey-changey mantra is just a tactic
for getting elected with nothing solid behind
it.

We fear that he will be a bitter, crashing
disappointment to those who have invested so
much of themselves in his candidacy. We fear that
they have been deceived, and that, in fact, all
*he* has to offer is same old, same old, that he
is neither interested in nor capable of bringing
about the transformation his candidacy has been
peddling.