From: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of BillyG.
Sent: Saturday, August 23, 2008 10:51 PM
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [FairfieldLife] Re: Sunday is Janmashtami or Krishna's birthday...

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
<mailto:FairfieldLife%40yahoogroups.com> , "authfriend" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

<mailto:FairfieldLife%40yahoogroups.com> , "BillyG." <wgm4u@> wrote:
> <snip>
> > When Christ Jesus said, "Me and my Father are one" he was saying
>
> (Hopefully he said, "I and my Father are one.")

Ha, ha, don't know exactly how he said it though that sounds like
better English grammar. I suspect they spoke Hebrew in those days,
though not sure. I think the New Testament was translated from the
Greek.......

He spoke Aramaic. The Bible was translated into Greek from that language,
and then from Greek from other languages, although more recently,
translations have been done directly from the Aramaic. I'm not a Biblical
scholar and I'm open to correction, but that's my understanding.