From: Rick Archer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: RE: [FairfieldLife] Re: Sunday is Janmashtami or Krishna's birthday...
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Date: Sunday, August 24, 2008, 12:18 AM

From: FairfieldLife@ yahoogroups. com [mailto:FairfieldLi [EMAIL PROTECTED]
com] On Behalf Of BillyG.
Sent: Saturday, August 23, 2008 10:51 PM
To: FairfieldLife@ yahoogroups. com

--- In FairfieldLife@ yahoogroups. com, "authfriend" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@ yahoogroups. com, "BillyG." <wgm4u@> wrote:
> <snip>
> > When Christ Jesus said, "Me and my Father are one" he was saying
>
> (Hopefully he said, "I and my Father are one.")

Ha, ha, don't know exactly how he said it though that sounds like
better English grammar. I suspect they spoke Hebrew in those days,
though not sure. I think the New Testament was translated from the
Greek.......
He spoke Aramaic. The Bible was translated into Greek from that language, and
then from Greek from other languages, although more recently, translations have
been done directly from the Aramaic. I’m not a Biblical scholar and I’m open to
correction, but that’s my understanding.