--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Louis McKenzie <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> I don't know if that is true anymore.  Ted Kennedy has done a lot
of good in the world

Yeah, easy to do good spending other people's money (i.e, tax
revenue).

> since then and I don't know if we really know what happened that
day.

Oh, yes, we do.

A young girl in her 20s died because Teddy was too much of a coward
to knock on the door of a nearby house to get help to save
her...someone it was later determined that died a horrible death
drowning slowly as a result.

He should have gone to jail for 20 years at least.

But let me ask you this, Louis: Robert Byrd is a senator from West
Virginia who used to be a Grand Dragon of the Ku Klux Klan.  For my
money, like Kennedy and the girl he killed, I believe that this kind
of thing precludes one from standing for public office, even though
they may apologize for their crime or transgression.  In other words,
being in a high exalted position of the Klan is such a horrible thing
(and I'll spare you the things he used to say in those days, which
are on record) that this means, on a moral level, that one shouldn't
put oneself forward to be elected.

How do you feel about that?