On Sep 1, 2008, at 1:44 PM, authfriend wrote:

On Sep 1, 2008, at 12:28 PM, curtisdeltablues wrote:

She has explicitly said she doesn't advocate
teaching creationism in science classes.

If this is true I stand corrected.

It isn't, Curtis, she's explicitly stated she believes in
teaching "both."

From the Anchorage Daily News, 10/27/06, updated
10/30/06:

In an interview Thursday [i.e., several days after
the debate], Palin said she meant only to say that
discussion of alternative views should be allowed
to arise in Alaska classrooms:

"I don't think there should be a prohibition against
debate if it comes up in class. It doesn't have to be
part of the curriculum."

The fact that she qualifies her statement later on doesn't negate the fact that she most definitely *did* say to teach both, which you
conveniently miss, Judy:

In a 2006 gubernatorial debate, the soon-to-be governor of Alaska said
of evolution and creation education, "Teach both. You know, don't be
afraid of education. Healthy debate is so important, and it's so
valuable in our schools. I am a proponent of teaching both."

See that word "both" there?

Interesting thing is, the entire article was
posted by do.rflex back on August 29, and there
were seven posts after that which quoted it,
including Palin's subsequent comments clarifying
what she had meant.

Somehow, Sal managed to miss everything but
"teach both," her initial remark, in all eight
posts.

Somehow, you managed to miss everything, including that.

Or, if you didn't, dare I say it...you lied? :)

Sal