> On Jun 19, 2005, at 4:01 PM, Premanand Paul Mason wrote:
>
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Vaj <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > that
> > the
> >>>

> >> Yes he did get it fr. SBS, but M. is generalizing something
> > originally
> >> intended for one woman for everyone...
> >
> > An interesting take. Swami Brahmananda cites Lord Shiva as having
given
> > this teaching to Parvati too. Has anyone come across such a
reference?

> One thing I should point out is that this is NOT an absolute in the
> TMO. Those of us who received the full A of E technique also
received
> the mantras of the 7 dimensions and they ALL begin with AUM...

And it doesn't appear to have been an absolute with Guru Dev either,
since elsewhere he quotes a sloka stating:-
"For possessing religious wisdom it is written that if you are of
manoraajya (realm of fancy) you should do AUMkara japa"
(Interestingly, when this satsang was reprinted in the Maharishi
Ashram newletter, strangely, this reference was missing.)
Now in this satsang Guru Dev made no qualification, no warnings as to
who or who should not use the OM mantra.