At least someone in this campaign has some balls.

This to me is one of the main reasons this man cannot be
president...and the ties to William Ayers run deep.

Talk about vetting.  Who the hell vetted Obama during the primaries
about this?

What I'd like to know is: how many Americans are actually aware of
the William Ayers connection?  Is it a large or small percentage?
And of those that know about it, how many will NOT vote for Obama
because of it?  If it's a large percentage, you can bet that a whole
lotta money will be spent informing the public of the connection.

And please don't retort with: Oh, having a connection with William
Ayers is something that mainstream people in Chicago have been doing
for years; why Mayor Daley has worked with Ayers.

Well, two wrongs don't make a right.  And, besides, Barky is supposed
to be different; he's supposed to be "change we can believe it"...a
leader who doesn't do things just because everyone else in the crowd
is doing it.

If Barky is just going to be one more run-of-the-mill politicians,
why do we need him?  What we need is a REAL leader; someone who would
have had the courage and fortitude to say: I don't care how many of
my fellow Chicago politicians approve of and work with this self-
admitted terrorist, I won't have anything to do with him.

But, no, Barky is NOT a unique thinker, he is NOT someone who will go
AGAINST the crowd; he is a go-with-the-flow kind of guy who will,
obviously, give in to peer-group pressure.

This is not a leader; this is a follower.

We need a leader as president.

As Palin says: "This is not a man who sees America as you see America
and as I see America." Barky is, simply, unacceptable to be president.

-------------------

Palin says Obama 'palling around' with terrorists

Oct 4 03:32 PM US/Eastern
By JIM KUHNHENN
Associated Press Writer

'America Needs to Know This'

  ENGLEWOOD, Colo. (AP) - Republican vice presidential candidate
Sarah Palin on Saturday accused Democrat Barack Obama of "palling
around with terrorists" because of his association with a former
1960s radical, stepping up the campaign's effort to portray Obama as
unacceptable to American voters.

Palin's reference was to Bill Ayers, one of the founders of the group
the Weather Underground. Its members took credit for bombings,
including nonfatal explosions at the Pentagon and U.S. Capitol,
during the tumultuous Vietnam War era four decades ago. Obama, who
was a child when the group was active, served on a charity board with
Ayers several years ago and has denounced his radical views and
activities.

The Republican campaign, falling behind Obama in polls, plans to make
attacks on Obama's character a centerpiece of presidential candidate
John McCain's message with a month remaining before Election Day.

Palin told a group of donors at a private airport, "Our opponent ...
is someone who sees America, it seems, as being so imperfect,
imperfect enough, that he's palling around with terrorists who would
target their own country." She also said, "This is not a man who sees
America as you see America and as I see America."

Palin, Alaska's governor, said that donors on a greeting line had
encouraged her and McCain to get tougher on Obama. She said an aide
then advised her, "Sarah, the gloves are off, the heels are on, go
get to them."

The escalated effort to attack Obama's character dovetails with TV
ads by outside groups questioning Obama's ties to Ayers, convicted
former Obama fundraiser Antoin "Tony" Rezko and Obama's former
pastor, the Rev. Jeremiah Wright.

Ayers is a professor at the University of Illinois at Chicago. He and
Obama live in Chicago's Hyde Park neighborhood and served together on
the board of the Woods Fund, a Chicago-based charity that develops
community groups to help the poor. Obama left the board in December
2002.

Obama was the first chairman of the Chicago Annenberg Challenge, a
school-reform group of which Ayers was a founder. Ayers also held a
meet-the-candidate event at his home for Obama when Obama first ran
for office in the mid-1990s.

Palin cited a New York Times story published Saturday that detailed
Obama's relationship with Ayers. In an interview with CBS News
earlier in the week, Palin didn't name any newspapers or magazines
that had shaped her view of the world.

Summing up its findings, the Times wrote: "A review of records of the
schools project and interviews with a dozen people who know both men,
suggest that Mr. Obama, 47, has played down his contacts with Mr.
Ayers, 63. But the two men do not appear to have been close. Nor has
Mr. Obama ever expressed sympathy for the radical views and actions
of Mr. Ayers, whom he has called 'somebody who engaged in detestable
acts 40 years ago, when I was 8.'"

Earlier Saturday, Palin spent 35 minutes at a diner in Greenwood
Village where she met with Blue Star Moms, a support group of
families whose sons or daughters are serving in the armed forces.
Reporters were allowed in the diner for less than five minutes before
being ushered out by the campaign.

Palin, whose 19-year-old son, Track, deployed last month as a private
with an Army combat team, was overheard at one point commiserating
with one of the mothers: "Any time I ask my son how he's doing, he
says, 'Mom, I'm in the Army now.'"

Taking one question from reporters about competing in battleground
states, Palin repeated her wish that the campaign had not pulled out
of Michigan, a prominent state in presidential elections where Obama
leads by double-digit percentage points in recent polls.

"As I said the other day, I would sure love to get to run to Michigan
and make sure that Michigan knows that we haven't given up there,"
she said. "We care much about Michigan and every other state. I wish
there were more hours in the day so that we could travel all over
this great country and start speaking to more Americans. So, not
worried about it but just desiring more time and, you know, to put
more effort into each one of these states."