--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, new.morning <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> I assume you are satirizing the loony logic of some of our other
> astute posters here.
>
> Ayers is a professor at the University of Illinois at Chicago. Does
> this imply that all graduate of U of I should be banned from being
> president because of the Ayers connections?

...only the ones running for president.

> You went to an University whose name sake, president and chief
> scientists are "nuts" -- or at least say very nutty things.  And the
> goofiest thing -- you "flew" everyday at this so called university.
> Should people who deal with you on insurance matters be told the
truth
> about you!

I would slink into the nearest hole if ever I was presented to my
clients as such.

But, again, I'm not running for president (would YOU vote for someone
that went to MIU?  I wouldn't!)

As Groucho said: I wouldn't belong to a club that would have me as a
member.

> I went to the University of California. Angela Davis taught there.
> Herbert Marcuse taught there. both avowed Communists and radicals.

Did they commit acts of terrorism?

I don't think Marcuse did.

Davis is another story, although if memory serves me correctly, she
was NOT convicted for the George Jackson thing, for which she was a
fugitive (remember the "Free Angela" buttons?).

> Eldridge Cleaver, Tim Leary, Abbie Hoffman, Tom Hayden, Jerry Rubin
> all spoke there. Students spoke at rally's and advocated open
> revolution. It was the hotbed and leading wave of student and
natioanl
> protests, People took drugs there. Martin Luther King spoke there
and
> he advocated strong resistance against the government.

MLK never advocated terrorism and you do insult his name by putting
him in the same paragraph as the likes of Hayden and Hoffman.

I leave out Rubin and Cleaver because they changed their thinking in
later years.

Leary?  He was just a drug addled junkie.

> Heck, Ronald
> Reagan was governor of an head of the Board of Regents when I was
> there -- when no attacking we students from his helicopters filled
> with tear gas -- and apparently he caused the meltdown of the US
> economy. Bobby and Jack Kennedy spoke there -- and they palled
around
> with mobsters,

...yes, and quite rightly have been admonished for it many times
since it has come to light.

> and "started" the (serious part of) the war in Vietnam
> -- which became an immoral and political/economic disaster.

Yes, and history has dealt with them for that.

Gosh, new.morning, you're just giving reasons why people shouldn't
vote for Obama.

Whose side are you on?

> Should I
> and all other graduates of UC be banned from being president because
> of the "Davis/Marcuse/Revolutionaries/Drug/Reagan/mobster/Kennedy"
> connection?

...if you supported terrorism and terrorists then, yes, you should be.

But I don't think any of the above were.

Hayden and Hoffman neither blew up or advocated blowing things up as
far as I know and they're the worst of the bunch.

> (And Peter, like Marcuse, advocated fucking as a solution to
society's
> problems. He must have read Marcuse. You traded posts with Peter and
> were associated with him for years on FFL. Clearly we should ban
Peter
> from FLL for such radical connections, but then should we ban all of
> us for our connections to Peter?)

...the fucking solution would be a reason to vote FOR Peter for
president.

> wrote:
> >
> > At least someone in this campaign has some balls.
> >
> > This to me is one of the main reasons this man cannot be
> > president...and the ties to William Ayers run deep.
> >
> > Talk about vetting.  Who the hell vetted Obama during the
primaries
> > about this?
> >
> > What I'd like to know is: how many Americans are actually aware
of
> > the William Ayers connection?  Is it a large or small percentage?
> > And of those that know about it, how many will NOT vote for Obama
> > because of it?  If it's a large percentage, you can bet that a
whole
> > lotta money will be spent informing the public of the connection.
> >
> > And please don't retort with: Oh, having a connection with
William
> > Ayers is something that mainstream people in Chicago have been
doing
> > for years; why Mayor Daley has worked with Ayers.
> >
> > Well, two wrongs don't make a right.  And, besides, Barky is
supposed
> > to be different; he's supposed to be "change we can believe
it"...a
> > leader who doesn't do things just because everyone else in the
crowd
> > is doing it.
> >
> > If Barky is just going to be one more run-of-the-mill
politicians,
> > why do we need him?  What we need is a REAL leader; someone who
would
> > have had the courage and fortitude to say: I don't care how many
of
> > my fellow Chicago politicians approve of and work with this self-
> > admitted terrorist, I won't have anything to do with him.
> >
> > But, no, Barky is NOT a unique thinker, he is NOT someone who
will go
> > AGAINST the crowd; he is a go-with-the-flow kind of guy who will,
> > obviously, give in to peer-group pressure.
> >
> > This is not a leader; this is a follower.
> >
> > We need a leader as president.
> >
> > As Palin says: "This is not a man who sees America as you see
America
> > and as I see America." Barky is, simply, unacceptable to be
president.

> > -------------------
> >
> > Palin says Obama 'palling around' with terrorists
> >
> > Oct 4 03:32 PM US/Eastern
> > By JIM KUHNHENN
> > Associated Press Writer
> >
> > 'America Needs to Know This'
> >

> >   ENGLEWOOD, Colo. (AP) - Republican vice presidential candidate
> > Sarah Palin on Saturday accused Democrat Barack Obama of "palling
> > around with terrorists" because of his association with a former
> > 1960s radical, stepping up the campaign's effort to portray Obama
as
> > unacceptable to American voters.
> >
> > Palin's reference was to Bill Ayers, one of the founders of the
group
> > the Weather Underground. Its members took credit for bombings,
> > including nonfatal explosions at the Pentagon and U.S. Capitol,
> > during the tumultuous Vietnam War era four decades ago. Obama,
who
> > was a child when the group was active, served on a charity board
with
> > Ayers several years ago and has denounced his radical views and
> > activities.
> >
> > The Republican campaign, falling behind Obama in polls, plans to
make
> > attacks on Obama's character a centerpiece of presidential
candidate
> > John McCain's message with a month remaining before Election Day.
> >
> > Palin told a group of donors at a private airport, "Our
opponent ...
> > is someone who sees America, it seems, as being so imperfect,
> > imperfect enough, that he's palling around with terrorists who
would
> > target their own country." She also said, "This is not a man who
sees
> > America as you see America and as I see America."
> >
> > Palin, Alaska's governor, said that donors on a greeting line had
> > encouraged her and McCain to get tougher on Obama. She said an
aide
> > then advised her, "Sarah, the gloves are off, the heels are on,
go
> > get to them."
> >
> > The escalated effort to attack Obama's character dovetails with
TV
> > ads by outside groups questioning Obama's ties to Ayers,
convicted
> > former Obama fundraiser Antoin "Tony" Rezko and Obama's former
> > pastor, the Rev. Jeremiah Wright.
> >
> > Ayers is a professor at the University of Illinois at Chicago. He
and
> > Obama live in Chicago's Hyde Park neighborhood and served
together on
> > the board of the Woods Fund, a Chicago-based charity that
develops
> > community groups to help the poor. Obama left the board in
December
> > 2002.
> >
> > Obama was the first chairman of the Chicago Annenberg Challenge,
> > school-reform group of which Ayers was a founder. Ayers also held
> > meet-the-candidate event at his home for Obama when Obama first
ran
> > for office in the mid-1990s.
> >
> > Palin cited a New York Times story published Saturday that
detailed
> > Obama's relationship with Ayers. In an interview with CBS News
> > earlier in the week, Palin didn't name any newspapers or
magazines
> > that had shaped her view of the world.
> >
> > Summing up its findings, the Times wrote: "A review of records of
the
> > schools project and interviews with a dozen people who know both
men,
> > suggest that Mr. Obama, 47, has played down his contacts with Mr.
> > Ayers, 63. But the two men do not appear to have been close. Nor
has
> > Mr. Obama ever expressed sympathy for the radical views and
actions
> > of Mr. Ayers, whom he has called 'somebody who engaged in
detestable
> > acts 40 years ago, when I was 8.'"
> >
> > Earlier Saturday, Palin spent 35 minutes at a diner in Greenwood
> > Village where she met with Blue Star Moms, a support group of
> > families whose sons or daughters are serving in the armed forces.
> > Reporters were allowed in the diner for less than five minutes
before
> > being ushered out by the campaign.
> >
> > Palin, whose 19-year-old son, Track, deployed last month as a
private
> > with an Army combat team, was overheard at one point
commiserating
> > with one of the mothers: "Any time I ask my son how he's doing,
he
> > says, 'Mom, I'm in the Army now.'"
> >
> > Taking one question from reporters about competing in
battleground
> > states, Palin repeated her wish that the campaign had not pulled
out
> > of Michigan, a prominent state in presidential elections where
Obama
> > leads by double-digit percentage points in recent polls.
> >
> > "As I said the other day, I would sure love to get to run to
Michigan