--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Hugo" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> wrote:
> .
> >
> > As for the global warming thing, I am disappointed that Palin
even
> > SLIGHTLY acknowledged that ANY global warming was man-made.
> > Catastrophic man-made global warming is a myth, it is completely
an
> > unfounded scientific notion,
>
> I love reading stuff here. You made a good point about the dangers
> of fundamentalism in government and then follow it up with your own
> kooky beliefs.

Hell, I've got a lot of kooky beliefs...I'll be the first to admit it!

But if you're referring to my stance on catastrophic man-made global
warming, I can't be accused of it being a "kooky belief" because I'm
not the one with the "belief": the Al Gore's of the world are!

You can say I am kooky for NOT sharing in their belief but I can't
have a belief -- kooky or otherwise -- if I choose not to believe in
something that has yet to happen ('cause, you see, catastrophic man-
made global warming isn't currently a reality...it may or may not
happen in the future but it isn't currently happening).

>Surely what we need at the helm is someone who can
> assess evidence and act reasonably whether it's climate science or
> paleontology. (Not to be confused with Palintology which is clearly
> nonsense).
>

> and it has already lead to the death of
> > many thousands of people.  Talk about mixing science with
religion,
> > Curtis!  My gosh, global warming is a fanatical radical religion
> far
> > worse and extreme than anything Sarah Palin may believe in
> regarding
> > dinasaurs.
>
> Surreal.
>
> > "Hey, hey, AGJ, how many babies have you killed today?" This
should
> > be yelled from every rooftop in America.  Al Gore and his global
> > warming cult are killing the poorest of the poor and this is the
> > biggest issue of the decade as far as I'm concerned.  And it is
> > nutcase fundamentalism that is on the par with people like Barry
> > Wright's belief that he witnessed levitation or fundamentalists
who
> > believe that Jesus will rise again.
> >
> > As for Bush's bad things outweighing the good well I'll be the
> first
> > to agree with you on that...we just may disagree on which bad
> things
> > are doing the outweighing.
> >
> > As for the Sonny Bono reference: I was actually referring to the
U2
> > Bono who is a big Bush supporter, at least in things Third World
> and
> > AIDS (I tried to make a funny).

> > <curtisdeltablues@> wrote:
> > >
> > > http://www.theregister.co.uk/2004/07/12/bush_bad_science/
> > >
> > > I was referring to this.
> > >
> > > A president who does not understand how science works or even
> > general
> > > principles of epistemology work causes other problems.  His
> > > understanding about what would constitute good evidence of the
> > > situation in pre-war Iraq for example.
> > >
> > > Neither Bush nor Palin demonstrate clear thinking skills, they
go
> > with
> > > their gut.  Palin does not need to know the causes of global
> warming
> > > before she goes in to fix the problem.  Do you understand the
> > > implications of this style of thinking?

Bush
> > > leads> the world in supporting and providing funds for both AIDS
> > > research> and providing monies to the Third World to combat
> AIDS.
> > And
> > > he has > far surpassed Clinton in doing it and that's why
people
> > like
> > > Sonny > Bono praise him for this.
> > >
> > > Sonny rose from the grave?
> > >
> > > His plan has many good and some bad points.  In a country where
> rape
> > > is the biggest problem with the spread of AIDs his giving a
third
> of
> > > the money for prevention towards abstinence education seems out
of
> > > touch.
> > >
> > > Bush has done lots of good things Shemp.  For me the bad things
> out
> > > weigh the good.  YMMV.  But I don't want another 4 years of anti
> > > intellectual bias in the White House. I don't believe that Joe
Six

<shempmcgurk@>