On Oct 29, 2008, at 3:31 AM, TurquoiseB wrote:

<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

As far as your points on the importance of women's rights, of
course I agree. I'm sure if I was a woman I would be the first
to call people on sexist language for its own sake, not because
it has been linked to violence. In my neighborhood it is violence
that is linked with violence.

In fact I'll join you by condemning two of the most sexist people
in history, the Holy Tradition's own Shankara, and the woman-
phobic Guru Dev. The Crest Jewel of Discrimination is one of the
most sexist scriptures on the planet.

"A wise man views women as corpses, bags of urine and feces."
Shankara

What a saint!

And Guru Dev's refusal to be in the same room with any women sent a
terrible message to women and men who looked at him as a spiritual
leader.

I would think any woman who is serious about women's issues would
want to join me in condemning these two men.

Bingo.

That's the real issue, the one that the pseudo-
feminists on this forum are skirting.

It's "misogynist" to call a person who is acting
like a cunt a cunt (see the following post for a
definition of that word)