<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
<snip>
> As far as your points on the importance of women's rights, of
> course I agree.  I'm sure if I was a woman I would be the
> first to call people on sexist language for its own sake, not
> because it has been linked to violence.

No, you don't agree with me. I'm saying men
who are concerned with the treatment of women
should also call men (and women, if necessary)
on sexist and misogynist language, both "for
its own sake" and because such language
represents a lack of respect for women that
leads to their mistreatment, physically and
in many other ways as well.

> In fact I'll join you by condemning two of the most sexist
> people in history, the Holy Tradition's own Shankara, and
> the woman-phobic Guru Dev.

They're dead, so that's pretty safe.

How about condemning some real live men?

  The Crest Jewel of Discrimination
> is one of the most sexist scriptures on the planet.
>
> "A wise man views women as corpses, bags of urine and feces."
> Shankara

Think he meant that literally, Curtis?

Or was it metaphorical?

This is my 50th; I'm outta here.