--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, t3rinity <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "authfriend" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> .Let's say you expect a friend to come, and you will
> > > associate the *feeling* with the present event. But the feeling
> will
> > > be reminescent of the stress being released according to 2nd day
> > > checking.
> >
> > I remember we were told it *might* pick up the
> > feeling, but it might not.
>
> At your initiation, 2nd day checking? I must tell you that whatever
> you are being told is paraphrased. The teacher uses his own words.
My
> notes say: (translated from german): 'The quality of the stress
> determines the quality of thought.'
>
> Then it gives the example I just had given, of the joy causing a
> stress in the past, and how the mind picks up the feeling and
> associates it with the coming of a friend. Whatever it associates it
> with is not important, obviously, it's arbitrary.
>
> My course was in July 1977, Avoriaz. I have been to an update 1981,
> redoing all the tests. There was no change.
>
> > This would have been
> > in 1975; I wonder if it was changed since your
> > TTC.
> >
> > <snip>
> > > Yes, understood. But in Indian terms, getting rid of Samskaras
> > > wouldn't necessitate reliving the energy of it. In Indian and I
> > guess
> > > Buddhist terms, Samskaras are desires or latent impressions
giving
> > > rise to the desire to reincarnate. Purifying oneself of these
> > desires
> > > or impressions wouldn't necessitate living through it, not even
> > > emotionally or energetically.
> >
> > Well, but that's pretty much what I remember
> > being told in the TM context.
>
> You mean that you don't have to live through it? Yes and no.
Obviously
> the feelings you have are not stressed in TM. The problem here is
that
> TM (like scientology) assumes that the stresses are located
> physically. Thats not the same with the samskara theory. Therefore
it
> assumes that you have to release them one by one, resulting in an
> appropriate experience.

My recollection is that more than one stress can be associated with
more than one thought/feeling/etc.

 You sort of will experience them on their way
> out. I don't know if this can be said of Samskaras, I think not.

MMY came up with the theory to explain "stress release" during the
rest of TM. Some other enlightenment program may or may not involve
stress release, eh?