--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, ddeadlus <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Wow, what an awesome topic.
>
> My experience is that Enlightenment is internally everything it's
> cracked up to be while being completely externally normal at the
same
> time. Thus, there is this real sense of no-big-dealness to it.
>
> On some level, Awakening (i.e. I am That) is an incredibly ordinary
> thing. The biggest clear difference past that initial Awakening is
> that you literally cannot accumulate any new misconceptions. You
can
> wade through old misconceptions all the time, project them, freak
out
> about them, etc., but cannot acquire any new misconceptions that
were
> not in there before. This is interesting, but it doesn't "mean"
> anything, and doesn't do much for external verification.
>
> That's the problem though, isn't it? There IS no external
> verification. There's no such thing as an Enlightened personality.
> People still have "issues." Maharishi certainly did, and I think
his
> unwillingness to deal with his issues really held him back
ultimately.
> Was he Enlightened? In Brahman? I think so. Either way, he was what
> Nature needed him to be - good or bad, whether he realized that or
not.

> I've also noticed that with Awakening, 1% of me was always okay no
> matter what. It wasn't special when 99% of me was freaking out. So
it
> certainly wasn't all it was cracked up to be. It's all a lot more
> normal no matter what the state is than it's cracked up to be.
>
> When the individual was feeling "Enlightened" with a lot of light
and
> and unity with everything and so forth (thou are That), it was
flashy,
> but it was also nothing special. Life went on, good days, bad days,
> etc. But 50% had the inability to suffer. THAT was a big
difference in
> individual experience. There were a lot of cool experiences too,
but
> people have cool experiences every day. They don't have to be
mystical
> or Enlightened to be cool.
>
> Then the individual Disappeared (All this is That, That alone is).
99%
> inability to suffer. HUGE difference. From there, I was finally in
> position to fulfill all of the desires of the individual, because
the
> fundamental experiences was no separation from everything at all.
This
> isn't an experience, it's all the time. It's like a frog can go
> through anything in their life, but they always feel like a frog -
> very different from being a different animal going through the same
> experiences. In the same way, that safety and comfort of the
Allness
> is there no matter what. Everything coming is perceived as the
Allness
> and so forth. More and more the content of everything is directly
> experienced by the individual as the Allness, as the old methods of
> functioning that no longer apply unwind more and more.
>
> It's not for everyone. Most people don't have the need to go for
> Enlightenment. Sure it's the only way to have total fulfillment, to
> break out of confinement. But who says you have to do that? I did
it
> because I had to personally for me. It wasn't a choice, really. It
had
> to be done. If the dream is enjoyable, there's no motivation to
wake
> up. If you could have the riches of the world, why go for it if
your
> happy where you are. Allowing the riches in means letting go of
all of
> this painful smallness. Talk about a serious pain in the ass. :)

another benefit i have found to the allness is that no matter what i
go through, i know the outcome will be a positive one-- >not< like
if i were to lose a leg for example, would i say, well, i've got
another one right over here!

but for example having to face something and work hard to do it, and
all of the supposedly random events leading up to the successful
outcome act together in what i can describe as magical or life
supporting or pick your cliche, but the monumental thing is that no
matter what i call it, it just works out right. i used to notice
this sometimes before allness  happened and have heard it called
being in the flow. whatever it is called, it allows all activity to
be focused on a successful outcome. instead of being always in the
flow, i'd just call it life; hard work.

what is the benefit? don't really know. on the one hand stuff works
out. on the other because it does, i do lots and lots more than i
used to, so instead of spending what i thought was critical energy
in worrying and fretting about outcomes, i spend all of that energy
just doing more. net energy gain=zero, but i'm fulfilling my desires
in a happy way, and once they are done, nothing left to dote on, vs.
putting a lot more blood sweat and tears into fulfilling my desires
and getting a lot less for a lot more effort.