--true, but there's internal religions too.  Ramana Maharshi was an
avowed devotee of Arunachala Shiva, but didn't express that as an
outward religion.  Similarly, Ramakrishna was an ardent devotee of
Kali; and in his disciplic succession in the Ramakrishna Order, Kali
worship is prevalent as a type of inner devotion.
 But it's difficult to separate (even if one wanted to for purposes
of discussion) such inner relationships from the outer, since
when "one" is reeking with devotion to Shiva, Kali, and other
Deities, evidences of such relationship spill over into the outer
world.
 Thus, those with little or no "inner" appreciation latch onto the
outer, visible forms and rituals, calling that their religion.
 One can find Kali and Shiva temples all over S. India (Ramana's
area) and the Calcutta (frequented by Ramakrishna).
 Actually, I find Neo-Advaitins to be closer to lunacy. Outer
religious devotion appears to be ingrained within the human psyche
and is here to stay.
 Devotion to your "Nothingness" is an aberration, indeed.

- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, enlightened_dawn11 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>