Good advise Shemp and Judy.  I have looked into self publishing for
some of my other book ideas for niche topics.  Unknown published
writers make about a dollar a book, which means you have to sell a
wagon load to make any money.  I have had success with this model with
my 2 CDs.  By creating and selling them myself I have a decent
supplement to my performance income.  I love huckstering my own shit
and getting paid for it!

At this stage in my life I might be more inclined to write about my
experiences performing, particularly busking experiences.  The angle
would be about midlife career change and rolling your dreams at
whatever level you can right now, instead of waiting to "be
discovered."  About 13 years ago I started performing that way and it
changed my life.  I started making more money outside the club scene
in a much more wholesome environment. I've written a few chapters to
explore the idea.

The main thing for me is that writing itself nourishes me and that is
what has kept me hooked on FFL.  It stimulates me to write almost
every day and that adds up to greater confidence whenever I express my
self in writing.